Sunday, October 5, 2008

Moving Doesn't Have to Be Horrible

If you were to ask 100 people what their thoughts where on moving I'm sure that 90% would say that it is chaotic, stressful and not much fun, wouldn't you agree!!


Well in the last 10 months I have moved country 3 times and lived in 4 different houses, sounds insane, I know, we could give gypsies a run for their money.


We have both said that for sure this will be our last time for at least several years to come.


However one positive that does come from moving is the accomplishment, when you are moving you have to have a system. The best and most efficient system, makes for more of a stress-free move.I have found that it is best to pack everything at once, set aside a day or even 2 days just for packing. Its wise to label the boxes on the top and sides, this will save you time when unpacking at your destination.


Make sure you get several quotes from shipping and removal companies as they can differ considerable form company to company. Ill give you an example, over the last 2 weeks I have called 5 companies, 4 of which have guesstimated the size of the load, with only one company making the effort to actually measure the size of all the items. The company who made the effort, not only where they the cheapest (as they knew the exact size), but the most professional. They also have explained in great depth the route to which the container will take, but to also reassured me that my items will be well looked after and showed me how they would be packed.


For me the last 10 months not only have had to manage the removal of all my household objects but the transport of 2 cats and a bull terrier. My animals seem to be more well travelled than most Brits. Its not that I have wanted to put them through the ordeals on purpose, its just consequences in life have forced me to do so, thats another story!!


What are the reasons I'm telling you this, its because, I will feature my removal company from Limassol on my new website, if you are in the same situation and need help or advice, you can email me or alternatively see if any the services we provide will be helpful to what your needs are.


I will keep you posted on how it all goes, but I will also post any other negative or positive thoughts I have.


Take a look at the site and enjoy, we are launching on the 1st November 2008.


Lucy Manynard


Chief Executive Jigsaw Overseas


Lucy@jigsawoverseas.com


www.jigsawoverseas.com




Technorati : ,

Del.icio.us : ,

Zooomr : ,

Flickr : ,

1 comment:

Tee Chess said...

Yes I agree that moving is chaotic, stressful. But there are ways to make it fun too. Just simply hire professionals and all things done.
moving company